Fee Protection Insurance
The likelihood of a tax enquiry by HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) has continued to increase and HMRC officers are now using new, wider powers to visit premises and inspect financial records. As a result, tax enquiries are at record levels and are becoming more complex resulting in professional costs of defence inevitably rising.
We offer our clients an insurance policy from Croner Taxwise to cover our professional fees incurred as a result of dealing with these investigations.
Croner Taxwise Plus Fee Protection covers:
- Corporation Tax & Income Tax Enquiries
- Schedule 36 Interventions & Inspections
- PAYE/NIC Employer Enquiries
- VAT Enquiries
- CIS, IR35 & Other Status Enquiries
- Minimum Wage Enquiries
- Business Records Checks
- Inheritance Tax Enquiries
- Special Civil Investigations Opened Under Code of Practice 8 (Indemnity limited £5,000)
- Cover up to £100,000 of professional fees for each claim
- Directors & partners (including spouses & civil partners) covered under business policy
All clients can also enjoy the benefits of the Employment Law and Health & Safety advice team at Peninsula for no extra cost.
We have arranged a discount with Qdos who provide specialist insurance package to Contracting Companies to IR35 investigations and tailored insurance packages such as public and employer liability insurance.
If you require any additional information, do not hesitate to contact us through the quick contact link below.